Healthy eating can be harder than ever when even the thought of even thinking of a meal to cook for the family can be overwhelming…
However, we’ve got your back.
This week, we’ll be sharing 2 healthy & ridiculously easy recipes that the whole family will love.
So without further ado, here is our 17-minute Healthy Nachos with spicy guacamole (yes, we timed it to the minute )
500g Grass Fed / organic beef mince (We used Macro Organic from Woolworths)
350ml of passata (we used half a 700ml jar of Macro Organic Passata)
1 carrot, grated
1 onion, diced small
Cumin, paprika, salt and pepper to taste
1 tablespoon of Nutra Organics Chicken Bone broth (optional but a great little gut support and flavour)
1 bag of corn chips (we used the Aldi Organic ones)
Grated cheddar cheese (1-2 cups depending on taste)
Olive oil for frying
Diced chilli (optional and adjust amount to your liking)
Salt and pepper
1-2 teaspoons fresh coriander, diced (optional)
1 lime, juiced
1. Heat a small amount of oil in a frypan on medium heat and add onion, cooking till softened
2. Add mince and cook until browned
3. Add in carrot, spices and bone broth, and passata and turn heat down to low, allowing to simmer
4. Place corn chips into an oven proof tray and preheat oven to 200 degrees C.
5. When sauce is thickened and all ingredients are cooked, remove from the heat and pour over the corn chips
6. Add grated cheese and place in oven to melt
7. Mash avocado in a small bowl, seasoning with lime juice and salt and pepper.
8. Stir through the diced chilli and coriander if using
9. Remove nachos from the oven and serve with guacamole.
We hope you enjoy this as much as we did!