As the weather gets cooler, there is nothing more satisfying than a delicious warm breakfast slice. This Blueberry version is a massive hit with our family and generally doesn’t last longer than a couple of days!!
Blueberries are rich in antioxidants, protecting cells from damage caused by free radicals and boost immunity. They get their vibrant purple colour from the antioxidant anthocyanins. Along with their antioxidant properties, blueberries improve circulation, and help protect against heart disease, gum disease, cancers, and stroke.
Eating blueberries 3-4 times a week, either in baked goods or raw, will go a long way towards keeping your body healthy!
1 cup of organic rolled oats
1/2 cup of shredded coconut
2 green apples, grated
2 bananas, mashed in a separate bowl
1 cup of blueberries (can be fresh or frozen)
2 eggs, whisked
1 tablespoon of chia seeds
2 tablespoons of collagen, optional ( I use the Ancient and Wild Beauty Elixir)
3 tablespoons of apple puree
1 teaspoon of cinnamon
1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
1. Preheat oven to 180 degrees C
2. Line a 20cm x 30cm slice tin with baking paper
3. Mix all the dry ingredients in a bowl, adding the wet on top and stirring through the blueberries
4. Tip the mixture into the prepared tin and using the back of the spoon, press the mixture down till it is flat
5. Bake for 25-30 minutes until slice is golden brown and firm
6. Cool slightly and then cut into squares to serve
7. Serve slice with yoghurt sliced banana, and a drizzle of raw honey.
If you manage to save some for another time, store in an airtight container int he fridge for 3 days.